This cat has some interesting behavoirs we are finding out! He really is quite a character:
- I mentioned before his using his paw to lap up some water before sticking his face in the bowl. He’ll scoop up like 5 or six pawfuls and lick it off his paw before deciding the lap it up regularly.
- The minute you show him the brush, no matter what he’s doing or timid he might be, he immediately runs up to it, gets into a flop, and stretches himself out so you can brush him head to toe. Actually, it’s good that he likes this because it allows one to instantly connect with him. It allowed him to get adjusted to us rather quickly I think.
- He doesn’t like to eat with his back toward anyone, so at times he will contort his body in strange ways while he’s eating to not be in that position. He also has some other crazy contortions he makes while on the cat tree and even just sitting on the floor.
- He really likes string toys. He chews on them like eating pasta. We got this string toy with a mouse on the end that he absolutely loves. He’ll take it in his mouth and then drag the toy away with him to secluded places. So we let him do that, then we grab it again, plays, and again, in the mouth and drags it away!
- He hasn’t quite got the hang of visiting us in the bed to say goodnight yet. He’s done it a few times but not as often as we would like – at least not as of yet. We’re hoping that will change. I did notice this morning he likes to sit on the stairs leading up to the bedroom.
- He actually likes the cat ‘health’ food. Which is amazing, because every cat I’ve ever had couldn’t stand the stuff, though to be honest, they didn’t try it until they were much older and set in their ways.
- When a guest comes over he tends to hide, but what I like is he can be coaxed out of hiding with possibly a string toy, but especially with the brush. Thank the gods the shelter let us have his – it’s almost like he’d addicted to it!
Are there any strange behaviors you’ve noticed your pet doing? Do they endear you as ours does? If so, share them in the comments!