Figured now was a good time to (re)introduce myself since I’ve gotten some new followers over the last few weeks, so here’s ten random facts about me!
- I was recently laid off from a career that spanned 30 years. I had done many different things like making PDFs ADA compliant for reading impaired folks and running some databases but for the bulk of my career I was cartographer and made maps and diagrams for various environmental reports, using CAD and GIS, some which are now residing in the Library of Congress. I’m trying to figure out my next steps but I definitely want to go into a new direction, do something different, and am trying to find my way. (Not much luck so far).
- I can do a really good Boston accent, which I suppose isn’t that amazing seeing as I grew up in Somerville, and my family still lives there.
- My favorite cuisine is Italian, but I could eat plain cheese pizza everyday.
- I have 1 sibling, a sister, who is the total opposite of me.
- I have had a bunch of nicknames over the years, but the one that stuck the longest was just simply “B.”
- My 1st car was a 1979 Ford LTD 2 (very similar to the one that Starsky and Hutch drove on television) that I bought for 300 dollars. It ended up getting totaled and when I was given the hood ornament after, I cried. I’m very sentimental.
- One of my favorite pastimes is studying ancient Egyptology. Anything Ancient Egypt fascinates me.
- My celebrity crush was Lauren Graham (or more accurately her character Lorelei Gilmore).
- I only like to read non-fiction. I find the true tales crazier than anything anyone could make up. I’ll buy a book if I read a review or description that sounds really interesting to me but as a side jaunt I like to discover various Little Libraries among the various places I visit to see whats there and maybe read something I would have never thought of to read.
- My latest favorite hobby is photography. I’m trying to get into it a bit more and starting to take it a bit more seriously. Trying to get a side hustle of it going but it’s tough.
Well that’s just ten. Tell me something about yourself you’d be willing to share.